Monday, March 16, 2009

Just as I thought of taking blogging seriously..

...I read this:

This cannot, that cannot, how to blog?

Okaaaaaaay so by posting virtually ANYTHING I can dream of myself writing, I am breaking Malaysian law and can be thrown into jail or maybe ISA to say hello to the Hindraf 5. Wow, Malaysia'd better have nice big jails since about every single blogger I can think of "infringes blogging law" one way or another.

In Malaysia, writing a comment like "Our government is corrupt" or something around that context can lead to you being charged with sedition or defamation and be hauled up by the obviously pro-government ISA law and be detained till they grow roots into their prison cells, all at the whim and fancy of the Malaysian government. I stand neutral in the midst of this political bullshit happening in my country, but without doubt I can say our ruling government is riddled with crackjobs, leeches and people with potatoes for brains (sorry potato lovers). In this supposedly "democratic country", freedom of speech is just bullshit in a country governed by "frog governments". If you want to be free to blog whatever you want, you might as well pack up your bags and apply for citizenship in Iraq, at least I haven't heard of journalists being hauled up by law for reporting true facts detrimental to the ruling government.

So what am I going to do in light of this totally ridiculous piece of dung called law? Screw it, if I go to jail, half the Malaysian population'd have to follow me. So I guess I'll just continue posting and pack my Nintendo DS with a few essentials in a duffel bag, waiting for Malaysian police to knock at my door. Prisons serve eggs, don't they?

P.S. I edited my profile. It describes me better now :D

1 comment:

  1. I never knew your country was so strict. I guess I should read more about it (though it sounds scary!)

    ReplyDelete